Who We Are
Getting to know someone is a process that requires relationship over a period of time. You are invited into just that kind of relationship at Southwest.
Who We Are
Southwest is a community of people from different backgrounds, races, and life experiences, united through Jesus Christ, with a common aim to be well pleasing to Him. Everyone is welcome here and encouraged to join us on our journey to know Christ, to imitate Him, to support other believers, and to take part in the great work of preparing all people to meet the Savior.On Sunday mornings, we worship God with passion and allow His Word to instruct us in ordering our lives. Through out the month, life groups serve as safe places where discipleship comes through prayer, ministry, and relationships. In our communities and world, we invite each person to find and fulfill their earthly purpose, as we reach out to those who are broken, hungry, and in need of Jesus Christ.
What We Believe
At Southwest, the Word of God – the Bible – serves as the foundation for everything we do. It is the culmination of our worship together. It is the means by which people come to have faith, and that faith leads them to anew life in Christ.
Why We Exist
Southwest exists to invite people into genuine fellowship with Jesus Christ and each other, out of that fellowship, to impact our world for His glory.*1 Corinthians 1:9; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians 10:31
What We Value
- Enjoy a relationship with Jesus Christ, not just religion (1 Corinthians 1:9)
- Embrace the grace of God that meets us where we are (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Give Him our best in heartfelt praise and worship (John 4:23-24)
- Teach and receive God’s Word for application and life-change (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Pursue the unity of all believers by helping break down the walls of class, race, and denomination(John 17:20-23)
- Connect people in biblical community and discipling relationships (Acts 2:42-46)
- Equip people to use their gifts in ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Minister as a team, with every believer serving by God’s design (Romans 12:1-8)
- Participate in the growth of God’s kingdom (Matthew 28:16-20)